The Office of Financial and Academic Affairs for Higher Education and the State Approving Agency have approved Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology programs for the training of veterans.
Veterans, children of veterans, and spouses of veterans seeking educational assistance for training provided by the VA should apply to the Veteran's Office located within our Financial Aid department for application procedures and qualifications.
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/l J G.I. Rill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent the students enrollment
- Assess a late penalty fee to
- Require student secure alternative or additional funding
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA
VR&E's contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.
- Note: Chapter 33 students can register at !he VA Regional Office to use E-Benefits to get the equivalent of a Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility. Chapter 31 students cannot get a completed VA Form 28-1905 (or any equivalent) before the VA VR&E case-manager issues it to the school.
- Provide written request to be certified
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies