DermaplanePro Branford Academy
Class: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Deluxe ProStart Kit Includes:
Following training the aesthetician will understand:
- The history & purpose of dermaplaning test
- How dermaplaning compares with other forms of physical exfoliation and hair removal
- Differences among surgical and dermaplaning blades
- The necessary client forms that must be completed prior to client receiving treatment
- Record keeping requirements and why
- Client selection
- Contraindications to treatment
- Instrument selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Proper sanitation of instruments and infection protection
- Blood spill procedure as it pertains to dermaplaning
- Methodology for dermaplaning treatment, including: maneuvering the instrument, clinical end points, troubleshooting and post procedure options
Aesthetician will be able to demonstrate:
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Safe disposal of used blades
- Proper sanitization of instruments used in dermaplaning
- Proper draping, client safety & comfort during the procedure
- Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
- The ability to follow the protocol for preparing the client’s skin prior to treatment
- Competency in performing the dermaplaning procedure on the full-face of a live model
- One of the 5 treatment protocols
CERTIFICATION CLASSES ARE NONREFUNDABLE
Certification Courses are only available to professionals with one or more of the following licenses: Esthetics, Nursing, Cosmetology, Barbers.
Esthetics students can take our course.
- You must be within the last 2 months of your program to be eligible for the course.
- We suggest you check with your insurance liability carrier to make sure dermaplaning is covered by your insurance company before registering for a training class.